- Chair of Calligraphy and Lettering Arts Society (
) for three years and now their Promotions Officer
- Chair of the CLAS Academic Board
- Honoured Fellow of the Calligraphy and Lettering Arts Society
- Fellow of the Royal Society of Arts
- Joint Founder of the new Fitzwilliam Museum (Cambridge, UK) Collection for Contemporary Calligraphy and Lettering
- Member of the Creative and Cultural Skills Sector Advisory Committee on Craft which went on to develop the Craft Blueprint.
- Member of the Creative and Cultural Skills Sector Advisory Committee on developing the National Occupational Standards (NOS) for Craft, and is/was the contact for the Heritage Crafts Association, the lead body.
- Vice-Chair of the Heritage Crafts Association (www.heritagecrafts.org.uk).
- Works to commission from private individuals as well as companies and organisations including The British Library, The Newspaper Society, Allied Dunbar, M & G Assurance, Parker Pens, Agas, J Rothschild Assurance, Waterman, Newspapers in Education, The BAFTAs, HSBC Bank, and Zurich.
- Commissioned to design and write the Books of Remembrance such as those for Great Ormond Street Children’s Hospital, and the Book of Honour for Dulwich Picture Gallery.
- Initiated and teaches the Calligraphy and Lettering Arts Society (CLAS) Certificates of Competence in
- Gilding and Traditional Skills
- Early Hands (English Caroline Minuscule [Foundational Hand], Caroline Minuscules and Pointed Insular Minuscule)
- Uncials (Angled Pen Uncial, Flat Pen Uncial and Half-Uncial)
- Gothic Scripts (Gothic Book Script, Bâtarde, Rotunda)
Chief Assessor for all these courses.
- Moderator for the (CLAS) Certificate of Calligraphy, the National Diploma in Calligraphy, and for the CLAS Registered Courses submissions.
- Exhibits widely in the UK and abroad, having work in the CLAS Living Letters I, II and III exhibitions.
- Teaches workshops and masterclasses and lectures on a variety of topics to calligraphy interest groups, academic institutions and arts/historical groups as well as special interest societies throughout the world.
- Has run/runs workshops for the British Library, the Crafts Council, the Tate Gallery at St Ives, Dulwich Picture Gallery, Newspapers in Education, the Birmingham Jewellery Discovery Centre amongst other institutions and organisations.
- Started the CLAS Palæography Special Interest Group, runs the group and writes and designs the Newsletter.
- Advises/advised Parker Pen, Manuscript Pens, Schmincke paints and Osmiroid/Berol on their calligraphy materials.
- Wrote the text, exemplar letters and provided the artwork for the 'About Calligraphy' pages on the Manuscript Pens Website (www.calligraphy.co.uk)
- Developed the Calligraphy Paper Pads for C Roberson and Co
- Final judge for the National Schools’ Handwriting Competition and was one of the Final Judges for the Parker Prize Handwriting Competition.
- One of only three living scribes to have their work exhibited in the opening exhibition at the British Library at St Pancras.