Patricia Lovett teaches and lectures on a number of topics.
Lectures and talks
Patricia can give a day’s workshop, two-hour and one-hour talks about mediaeval and Renaissance manuscripts, how manuscripts were made, the development of writing styles, tools and materials of the mediaeval scribe and so on.
She has chaired many conferences, lectured at academic institutions, to schools, art and design groups, and calligraphy and lettering groups, as well as to the general public as part of a related exhibition or celebration.
Please contact her for more details.
Patricia teaches day, weekend and longer workshops on all the major writing styles, cheap and traditional gilding (as in mediaeval manuscripts), and craft courses such as simple book binding, making paper objects such as little boxes and wraps, and also small objects of desire. Please contact her for more details.
Patricia runs occasional day, weekend and longer workshops on mediaeval illumination and calligraphy at her home studio in Sevenoaks. Please contact her for more details.
- “Very enjoyable and rewarding.”
- “Wonderful fun atmosphere, made something I always thought was so difficult easy.”
- “I could see the improvement in my work and my confidence.”
- “I have achieved a long held ambition, and, thanks to Patricia and the relaxed atmosphere she created, I have amazed myself.”
- “I honestly don’t think the course could have been better.”
- “Excellent course, would love to come on another”
- “Every day has been excellent and I have achieved more than I thought I was capable of. Thanks for everything.”
- “It was a privilege to have attended.”